It is only when today’s young women realize and understand that they are nothing and have nothing outside of Christ, only then, can they experience true freedom in Christ.
There is no beauty in any of us, but what our Lord has worked in us.―Charles Spurgeon
We live in a society that constantly bombards us with messages: You’re not beautiful enough, you’re not smart enough, you’re not good enough, you’ll never be this or that. Our society constantly shoves in our face an unattainable standard of beauty or achievement. It’s no wonder so many women in society are enslaved and in bondage to insecurity, people have made self-destructive choices to deal with insecurity.
We live in a world that glorifies self. They say things like if it feels good then its good, if you’re happy that’s all that matters. By who’s standard? Where in scripture does it say that? God gives us a holy standard to live by, and it’s all by grace and faith, looking to Jesus Christ.
Only Satan would say; do what thou wilt AKA do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy, whatever feels good, do anything you want, you’re in control. Satan has always been a liar from the beginning in the Garden of Eden, his famous words were “did God really say?” Satan is the father of all lies, he never tells the truth or he will mix the truth with a lie of course.
It is only when today’s young women realize and understand that they are nothing and have nothing outside of Christ, only then, can they experience true freedom in Christ. The world tells us the opposite to what the bible says, it’s very different from what we think. What we all need to understand is to deny self, die to self, and not build up self. We are called to live humble lives before our God and Jesus Christ our Savior. We are called to lose sight of ourselves, and lose sight of our own interest. True security comes from Christ not from self or within self.
We are called to showcase Christ beauty; the beauty and life of Christ is true beauty. Let’s be women who reflect His beauty.
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. Matthew 16:24
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30
Let’s pray. Dear Lord, thank You that You are our true source of security. Remind me who I am in Christ Jesus, when the world bombards me with lies let You truth echo in my heart and mind. Help me to live by Your standards and thank You that You give us the grace and strength we need to walk this journey with You. Help me to love You more and more, to bring You glory because You are worth it all. Show me how to live for You, teach me more about You. Keep us far away from the hands of the enemy. Help me to submit to You, resist the devil and he will flee. Let me be rooted in Your absolute truth, thank You for the mercy and grace You give that I so desperately need. Thank You for Your everlasting love, fill our hearts with Your love and truth. We love You, we thank You and we give You all the glory. In Jesus name. Amen.
- How did Daniel live an Uncompromised Life in an Apostate Culture?Daniel was determined to live pure in an apostate culture. It is fascinating that Daniel was a teenager when he was taken to Babylon; he was determined to live a pure life in an … Read More about How did Daniel live an Uncompromised Life in an Apostate Culture?
- For Such a Time as This…Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”Esther 4:14 The Book of Esther is about a heroine who was beautiful, brave, and brilliant; she trusted in the sovereignty … Read More about For Such a Time as This
- Nicaragua Mission TripLiving out our faith by serving Mission trips What is a mission trip? Mission trips are short-term or long-term trips to international/ foreign countries where given an opportunity to serve, collaborate with local communities … Read More about Nicaragua Mission Trip
- Science ExperimentScience Experiment
- Marks of a True MinistrySecond Corinthians reflects God’s care and love for the church and the sanctity of the apostolic ministry “We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed. But in all things … Read More about Marks of a True Ministry
- Persevering in OppositionPlease read the book of Nehemiah. If you face opposition or painful discouragement, this book is such an encouragement and faithful reminder to trust the God of heaven. God’s word is powerful and stands … Read More about Persevering in Opposition